An interactive home monitoring owl.
Today more and more objects are connected, but none of them truly connects with you. Ulo creates a unique bond, like no other device. It redefines the way you interact with objects: an organic communication. Evidence shows that a number of facial expressions are related to similar emotions across cultures. The language of our eyes is one of the most powerful and effective tools of non-verbal communication. Eye expressions are an efficient, natural and universal way to connect instantly with Ulo.
Ulo needs a working wifi network to be fully functional.
Ulo communicates through eye expressions. A webpage and mobile apps allows you to customize eyes color, shape and size to match your interior and your taste. No logos or icons are displayed on the screens, but you instantly know what Ulo has in mind.
For instance, when the battery is low (under 10%) Ulo is tired, Ulo blinks when you take a snapshot, its eyes follow your movements and Ulo squints when someone is watching live video. Random animations add that extra spark of life which makes Ulo unique. Eye expressions are possible thanks to new round LCD screens originally manufactured for next-generation smartwatches.
Ulo can "talk" to you with customizable sounds.
In Alert Mode, Ulo can last one week on a full charge. In everyday use, with eye expressions, Ulo needs to be recharged every 2 days. Of course you can also leave Ulo plugged in all the time on a USB port.
Ulo can lay on a flat surface or be hanged on a wall. A set of discrete adhesive neodymium magnet allows you to stick Ulo on every surface effortlessly.
Ulo is now waterproof!
This means you can place Ulo outside, within a reasonable temperature range (-10°C/14°F to 50°C/122°F)
Ulo services are accessible on a webpage, so it is compatible with every device with an internet connection and a browser.
Ulo is also compatible with IFTTT. It’s the best way to extend its purpose.
Ulo functionalities can trigger or be triggered by other connected devices or internet services. But other connected devices or internet services can trigger emotions in Ulo.
For example, weather can affect Ulo's mood:
Ulo only stores a few minutes of video locally. Nothing is sent over a distant third party server.
Think of Ulo as your own personal server, so there are no extra fees.
The owl only sends data to your secure devices when needed. Each device has its own password + a second step authentification.
The setup is easy, a QR code is generated when your device connects for the first time. You just have to show this code to Ulo.
You’ll have to renew this operation every 6 months.
A detailed user guide is included in the box and video tutorials will be available online.
In the future, Ulo internal software will evolve.
I’ll add more random animation to the default settings and new kind of styles will be available.
Admin & Shipping Info
- This is a group pre-order for a crowdfunding project. By joining, you agree that GroupHunt is a pure logistics facilitator and does not guarantee the final product as advertised by the creator.
- This group order is only available for those residing in Singapore. For orders outside of SG, additional shipping may apply. Please drop us a note at email@example.com ordering.
- As this is a crowdfunding project, no returns are available.
- After the hunt ends, we'll update everyone via email. According to the project creator, the order is estimated to ship in Nov 2016.
- Once the orders have been received in our warehouse, we will redistribute locally or inform you for collection. GroupHunt will not be responsible for any delays caused by the project creator.